Friday, July 22, 2011

Lunch

Today I found a heirloom zucchini in the yard. Zucchini is one of my favorite things to eat from the garden. They taste good and we get them in abundance. I found a dozen dandelion flowers also, so I fried everything up for lunch. I fry the zucchini the same way as the dandelion:



2 eggs
1 cup flour
Small pan with 1/4" oil at the bottom over medium heat
Cut zucchini in 1/4" slices
Dip flowers and zucchini slices in egg
Then flour
Fry for a couple minutes per side
Set on plate with paper towel to cool
Salt



I got the zucchini seeds from EGG|PLANT Urban Farm Supply in Saint Paul. They are from Baker Creek Seeds: Squash Cocozella Di Napoli.

Zucchini grow a lot in a short amount of time. It is easy to not see one and come back the next day and it is double or triple the size you expected. I really want to save all the seeds I can this year. I will let a few of the zucchini get very large so I can harvest their seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment