Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Home Cooking

I call this a Food Blog but I have reviewed my posts and I don't have much of anything for everyday home cooking recipes. I like it like that! I make a good pizza but there are a lot of good recipes for pizza out there. I feel I wouldn't be sharing the recipe so much as the experience of making it.

Last year I have a different view of this blog. It would be more foodie, more mainstream: Food Network meets Anthony Bourdain-ish. I could give you a good pizza recipe but I would have a strong urge swear or make fun of someone in there.

I want to write what I am inspired to write. Lately that has been foraging, political, non-Food Network stuff. We gave up our cable TV this past spring so I can't hang out with Alton Brown and The Barefoot Contessa. If I did have cable this blog may have a different feel.

It might just be the time of year but I have thinking more of cooking comfort food. Onions, carrots, garlic, celery, potatoes and meat. We have some guests today and I am making a pot of soup. Let me tell you what I will be doing.

Lentil Soup

1 envelope of onion soup mix
1 quart of homemade chicken stock
Water- eyeball
3/4 cup lentils
1/2 cup rice
1/2 cup wild rice
2 large heirloom tomatoes frozen and diced from the garden
Carrots- eyeball
Celery- eyeball
Spices...basil- oregano- thyme- parsley- salt- pepper- eyeball
Dash of apple cider vinegar
1 pound of diced bone in ham

Toss everything in a stock pot and cook for an hour or so

No comments:

Post a Comment